Home > Practicum Overview
The practicum is an integral component of the MPH designed to provide a public health practice experience and allow you to integrate and apply core and programs knowledge and skills in a practice setting. The practicum may also be called an internship, field experience or practicum placement. The overarching goals for the practicum are:
- Apply core and program concepts and skills to practice situations
- Gain experience in working in a public health practice setting
Schoolwide Practicum Competencies for all MPH, MSPH and MPH&TM students:
- Apply public heath knowledge and skills in a practice setting.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills by summarizing professional public health experiences
- Demonstrate professionalism and leadership skills in a practice setting.